Lillian Carmina Lyons, DDS, MS.
Meet Dr. Lyons
Board Certified Periodontist
Dr. Lillian Carmina Lyons is the founder of the Dental Specialists and Implant Center and a Board Certified Periodontist in The Woodlands TX.
Dr. Lyons was born in Mexico City. She received her Dental Degree in 1994 and a Specialist Certificate in Endoperiodontology from the National University Autonomous of Mexico in 1997.
In 2002 she became a Resident at the Department of Periodontics and 3 years later she obtained a Specialty Certificate in Periodontics AND a Master’s of Science Degree from the University of Texas School of Dentistry.
Dr. Lyons believes in organized dentistry and is an active member of the following associations:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Texas Dental Association (TDA)
- Houston Hispanic Dental Association (HHDA)
- Hispanic Dental Association (HDA)
- Greater Houston Society of Periodontists (GHSP
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- South West Society of Periodontists (SWSP)
Experience & Continuing Education
Dr. Lillian Lyons has been:
- Clinical Assistant Professor and taught Periodontics at the University of Texas
- School of Dentistry at Houston for the department of Periodontics.
- President of The Greater Houston Society of Periodontists.
- Board member of the Membership Committee for the Hispanic Dental Association.
- Board Member and Scientific Committee Chair for the Houston Hispanic Dental Association.
Some additional achievements Dr. Lyons has reached include to be Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology, being the first author of a Clinical Trial Research published in the Journal of Periodontology and being honored a grant from the American Board of Forensic Odontology for her research in forensics in relationship to dental implants.